YOUR EVERYDAY GUIDE TO PERFECT PONYTAIL HAIRSTYLES
April 13, 2017
A ponytail is an effortless and chic hairstyle, but lets face it; it can sometimes look too plain and boring. Now that spring and summer are fast approaching, we want to make sure that we’re always insta ready and slaying our updo game. Here are five different ways to turn your ponytail hairstyles from NAY to YAY!
CLASSIC PONYTAIL HAIRSTYLE
(SOURCE: LUXY HAIR)
This classic ponytail hairstyle is a perfect everyday style that adds sleekness and sophistication to any outfit.
- Start with a side or middle part
- Leave out short layers to frame your face
- Loosely gather your hair into a ponytail and lightly pull on the hair on top of your head to add volume. Secure with an elastic
- Grab a small section of hair from the ponytail and wrap it around the elastic and secure with a pin
(SOURCE: KAYLEY MELISSA)
If you're looking for a unique and fun ponytail style - this is for you! This beautiful look adds a spin on any simple outfit.
- Take 2 large pieces from the front of your hair. Take a large piece from one side of your part, and another piece from the other side of your part
- Pull sections to the back of your head and secure with an elastic
- Create a loop on top of the elastic and pull your ponytail through the hole twice
- Repeat steps 1-3 to create the second and third layers
PART & TWIST
This twisted ponytail takes the classic pony and adds some flare to it! It's a perfect option if you struggle with flat hair, because this style adds volume and lift.
- Start with a middle part
- Section hair from your ears forward and leave it down
- Grab the back section and pull it up into a ponytail
- Take one section from the front and carefully twist it back and wrap it around the base of the ponytail. Secure with pins.
- Take the other section from the front and twist it back. Wrap this section around the base of the ponytail as well.
- Gently pull out short layers around your face to give it a softer look
- Lightly tug on the hair on top of your head to add volume
The stacked ponytail hairstyle is beautifully simple! Another great option for flat hair, this look is perfect for every occasion.
- Start with a middle or side part
- Take hair from the tip of your head and tease it
- Take another chunk of hair from under the first section and back comb it as well
- Throw your hair back and gently brush it to smooth your hair
- Take your hair starting from your ears back and tie it up into a ponytail
- Set the first ponytail aside and create another ponytail with the remaining hair at the bottom
- Make sure that the second section is directly under the first ponytail
- Combine both sections and secure it with an elastic
- Take a small chunk from your ponytail and wrap it around the base to hide the hair tie. Secure with pins
(SOURCE: CUTE GIRLS HAIRSTYLES)
This is one sassy style, and we love it! Add sass and slay any style with this unique ponytail hairstyle!
- Take a small section from the top of your head. Secure with an elastic
- Take another small section below the first one. Secure with an elastic
- Take the hair from the first ponytail, divide it into two and wrap it around the base of the second ponytail
- Take another section below the last one (including the hair from the first ponytail). Secure with an elastic
- Repeat steps 3 and 4 once or twice
- Leave the piece from the last ponytail that you created and gather all your remaining hair into a high ponytail. Secure with an elastic
- Take the hair that you left out, wrap it around the big ponytail and secure it with an elastic under
- Lightly tug on all the pullouts to add volume
Want more trends and styles? Check out these blog posts: