Nothing like a vacation to recharge your energy and rejuvenate your soul. Ladies, the real tea is that vacations are even good for your health. According to experts, women who travel on vacation at least twice a year are less likely to suffer from depression than those who don't travel or those who vacation less. So what are you waiting for? A beautiful destination awaits you!
Your FoxyBae Fam has you covered with the best tips and tricks to make sure your vacation is as poppin’ as you are. We are fairly avid travelers over here so we could go on forever, but we’ve broken down our top three favorite tips for four important categories: hair, makeup, style and general hacks. Hope you enjoy, and please comment with any other questions you may have!
Top Three Hair Tips:
- Dry Shampoo. This will be your saving grace on a trip. Save time getting ready and make your hairstyle last longer with a few pumps of your favorite dry shampoo. This is a quick fix to get rid of a greasy mane and add some fun texture.
- Spring Hair Ties. Always keep spring ties on hand if you want to switch up your look! These types of hair ties don’t leave creases or dents in your hair, so if you curled your hair in the morning, tossed it in a pony for a tour and then later took it down for selfies, it’ll still be intact! Easy, peasy and cheap too! Shop our hair ties here.
- Flat Iron. Your most versatile hot tool on a trip will be your flat iron and if you have to choose just one, let it be this one! You can do sleek looks and glam curls with the right flat iron. If you have a bit of skill with hair ties and bobby pins, this means endless creative looks! Try FoxyBae’s flat iron here, it’s pretty fly if we do say so ourselves!
Top Three Makeup Tips:
- Less is more. One thing you can pretty much count on for any vacation, is that you’re gonna be out and about all day. Your makeup is likely to sweat off and start to look pretty messy by the end of the day. We suggest sticking to natural makeup: spot concealing with concealer instead of foundation, brows, lips, blush, mascara and a touch of highlight should be enough! (But if you wanna go glam by all means do it, we love a glam queen!)
- Keep a few key pieces of makeup in your bag. This is different for everyone, but we tend to have translucent powder, lipstick, eyeliner and a brow pen. This will give you a perfect quick fix at any point of the day!
Your skin matters.If you’re on a longer flight or over night flight skip the makeup and take care of your skin. A dry environment and stress paired with occlusive makeup (hello, heavy foundation) can create the "perfect storm" for acne and breakouts. Bring moisturizer and even a sheet mask to keep your skin hydrated to get the best possible travel selfies once you land.
Top Three Styling Tips:
- Research the weather. Just because you’re going to Cancun in the summer doesn’t mean you won’t get caught in the middle of a tropical storm (learned that from personal experience). Also, just because you’re going to Scotland in the summer doesn’t mean it won’t be freezing af (another personal experience). Make sure you do your research and DRESS ACCORDINGLY or else you’ll spend more money buying extra clothes!
- Versatile pieces and accessories. If you’re traveling light make sure you bring a few versatile pieces that you can mix and match with other stuff and still look put together. Think practical jacket, solid colored bottoms, plain tops, and useful sneakers. The accessories will really pull together any look so choose wisely! Think scarves, hats, earrings, belts, sunglasses, etc.
- Statement pieces. This is where you should splurge! Bring two or three “wow” pieces of clothing. Personally, we love a beautiful print dress, elegant jumpsuit and a statement jacket. Whatever you pair with these pieces is what’s most likely to end up on the gram so choose wisely!
Top Three Travel Hacks:
- Pack your most expensive skin care, hair care and makeup products in your check-in bag. Leave only smaller items in your carry on and make sure they’re in TSA-friendly containers to save yourself time at security check. The last thing you wanna do is spend time deciding which foundation you’re gonna toss (trust me, it’s happened to me)!
- Put a tag on your suitcase! You never know what could happen. Airports are a strange place and things do get lost or mistaken for someone else's.
- Make sure you know what type of converter or adapter you’ll need for all your devices! The last thing you want to do is fry your electronics on a trip. Save your future self some coin by investing in a decent converter :)